General Manager Power Division (Sep 2012 to March 2017)
Site Technology Company Saudi Arabia – Riyadh (KSA)
Power Equipment Trading and Contracting (Data Centers, UPS, Generating Sets)
• Oversee operations for whole of KSA
• Responsible for P&L of Power Division
• Lead a permanent team of 20 in KSA.
• Multiplied the yearly turnover by 10 since joining
• Recruited 15 team members of all levels
• Established the Jeddah and Khobar branches, including infrastructure setup and sales and service team relocating.
General Manager (Jan 2008 to Aug 2012)
Sakr Energy Solutions – Doha (Qatar) and Muscat (Oman)
Temporary Power Solutions
• Oversee operations for Qatar and Oman
• Responsible for P&L of Qatar and Oman
• Lead a permanent team of 15 in Qatar (100+ fleet of generating sets)
• Manage a project team of 100 in Oman.
• Boosted the turnover of Qatar branch by 200% in 2011 and again by 150% in 2012
• Monitored a 40MW project in Oman and ensured its completion within time and budget
• Established the company in Qatar: legal incorporation, setting up of infrastructure, recruitment of administrative team, sales and service team
• Set up the branch in Oman: legal incorporation and administrative framework.
Dubai Branch Manager (Jan 2006 – Dec 2007) / Area Sales Manager (Jan 2005 –Dec 2005)
Sakr Power Systems – Halat (Lebanon) and Dubai (UAE)
Manufacturing and Sales of Diesel Generating Sets
• Headed the sales and service team comprising 3 personnel in Jebel Ali Free Zone, Dubai, UAE
• Developed sales channels for GCC market
• Supported key accounts (Aggreko, GE Energy Rentals, KBR).
• Established Dubai branch and commenced operations
• Set-up the UAE direct sales and service divisions in Dubai with annual turnover of USD 4 million
• Developed in-country sales channels for Kuwait, KSA and UAE with annual turnover of USD 6 million.
Self Employed Consultant (Jul 1999 – Dec 2004)
Beirut, Lebanon and Al Khobar, KSA
• Provided consultancy and advisory services regarding sales and marketing ventures to various organizations
• Oversaw project execution of MEP construction projects: Bank headquarters, commercial spaces in Lebanon / radio station, SEC projects in KSA
• Developed sales activities of industrial projects: heavy equipment fitters in Lebanon / B2B adhesive and plant automation in KSA
• Introduced new product/services with turnover of USD 10 million
• Concluded projects on time and within budget
• Completed 20 sales training sessions with an average of 25 attendees per session.
Sales Manager / Project Manager (Jan 1998 – Jun 1999)
DESIGN.E.S, Design and Engineering Services (Beirut, Lebanon)
HVAC (Sales and Installation)
Technical Manager / Brand Manager (Nov 1995 – Nov 1997)
GK & CO. (Beirut, Lebanon)
Plumbing and Heating Material (Sales and Service)
Self Employed Contractor (Jul 1994 – Oct 1995)
HVAC and Plumbing (Sales and Installation)
• Executive Master of Energy Management / ESCP Europe, London, UK / 2012
• MBA (Management) / École Supérieure des Affaires, Beirut, Lebanon / 2001
• BE (Mechanical) / American University of Beirut, Lebanon / 1994
• CNET (UK) – Certified Data Centre Design Professional (CDCDP)
• Carnegie Mellon University (Qatar) - Corporate Innovation and Entrepreneurship Certificate
• IIR – Contract Drafting for Non-Lawyers
• Date of Birth: December 12, 1972
• Languages: Arabic, English and French.